WASHINGTON - Rupert Murdoch's News Corporation Friday announced the planned separation of the $76-billion conglomerate into two distinct publicly traded companies, with one to be renamed 21st Century Fox and the publishing firm to retain the News Corp brand. The split has been formally approved by the Board of Directors. The Company announced appointments to the Boards of Directors of both ...
BEIJING - Chinese regulators Friday announced that they have signed a memorandum of understanding with their US counterparts giving American authorities increased access to documents from Chinese audit firms. The signing of the MOU between China Securities Regulatory Commission (CSRC), the Ministry of Finance (MOF) and the US Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB) is a significant ...
ZAGREB/LONDON - Croatia, soon to become the 28th member of the European Union,- is looking to undiscovered oil and gas fields in the Adriatic Sea to revive its ailing economy, according to the country's president. Ivo Josipovic told CNN that Croatia is searching for partners in the energy sector to help reveal oil and gas "green fields" in the waters that separate the Balkan nations and ...
WASHINGTON - Amazon, the largest online retailer of books, movies, music and games, Friday offered its Kindle e-book platform to fan fiction authors to sell some of their work. Fan fiction is literature inspired by popular books, shows, movies, comics, music, and games. Publication outside of blogs and online fanzines is often difficult because of copyright issues. Amazon Publishing has ...
BEIJING - China is planning to steadily push forward market-oriented reform in its interest rates and exchange rates mechanisms this year as part of the financial sector reforms to better serve the real economy, a central bank report said on Friday. The "China Financial Stability Report (2013) released by the People's Bank of China stressed that it would be steadily promoting the interest ...
Winds: From the SSE at 12.0 MPH Gusting to 16.0 MPH
Wolfgang Petersen's Troy is a serious, big-budget take on the ancient Greek myth spun in Homer's The Iliad, but there's really only one thing we can say about it for sure: Everyone looks really good. While the unstated purpose of the film is to humanize the ... ...
LONDON - In a critique of the United Kingdom's austerity programme, the International Monetary Fund Wednesday urged the Europe's third largest economy to rebalance the policy to make the transition to a high-investment and more export-oriented economy. "The UK could boost growth by bringing forward measures already included in its fiscal plan, such as spending on infrastructure and job ...
American Rights At Work Formal Complaint for FEC Investigation of Wal-Marts Unlawful Federal Election Activity
Formal Complaint for FEC Investigation of Wal-Mart's Unlawful Federal Election Activity WASHINGTON - August 14 - Today American Rights at Work, the AFL-CIO, Change to Win, and WakeUpWalmart.com will hand ...
Chinta Dewi, Coca-Cola Bhagao, Krishi Bachao Sangharsh Samiti +91 94507 79325 (Hindi) Nandlal Master, Lok Samiti +91 94153 00520 (Hindi) Amit Srivastava, India Resource Center +91 98103 46161 (India) +1 415 336 7584 ...
WakeUpWalmart.com Files Official Complaint Against Wal-Mart With The FEC and Calls For An Investigation
WakeUpWalmart.com Files Official Complaint Against Wal-Mart With The FEC and Calls For An Investigation WASHINGTON - August 14 - WakeUpWalMart.com today, along with American Rights at Work, Change to Win, and the American Federation of Labor and Congress of Industrial Organizations, jointly filed an official complaint with the Federal Election Commission. The groups filed the complaint of ...
The war on cloud intensified as Microsoft Office announced its decision on Tuesday to go cloud in an attempt to compete with its immediate but not last competitor, Google Docs.Microsoft holds a virtual monopoly on office productivity software. Most computer users in the world use the Office software for word processing, spreadsheet, presentation and other purposes. However, Microsoft Office ...
What They Said
We must define the nature and scope of this struggle, or else it will define us. Neither I, nor any President can promise the total defeat of terror. What we must do is dismantle networks that pose a direct danger.
The U.S. president was speaking on his administration's counter terrorism policy.
Mantra on Jolimont, East Melbourne, Australia
Right from our arrival the Mantra on Jolimont had an air of friendliness, and a sense that the property was ...Keep reading
The Boy Scouts of America National Council has resolved to accept gay members. Do you agree with this policy?
Shanghai SunShanghai Sun | Online News Service for Shanghai
We work strenuously to bring our readers a completely independent perspective of all of the latest news from Shanghai. Our software programmers, editors, journalists and affiliated wire services are all dedicated to producing the best journalism possible.
This in a world where conflicts of interest pervade business empires, and political dynasties, and where a shrinking number of media proprietors are growing their interests at the expensive of diversity of media ownership. The Shanghai Sun is an independent online newspaper. Our focus primarily is to produce the latest breaking stories out of Shanghai.
We also cover the nation. Regional news too is a priority, as is our extensive world news coverage. For a Shanghai weather report, local news, breaking international headlines, or what's happening in sports, the Shanghai Sun is for you.
Our Business Centre too is active 24 hours a day, bringing you the latest market updates from key global centres like Tokyo, Sydney, London, Paris, Berlin, and New York. Foreign exchange rates are a regular feature, and we provides a vast range of general interest news covering topics like business travel, seniors, womens interest, and lifestyle stories.
As many as nine people, including three children, died in a fire that broke out in China's Guangdong province early Friday, fire authorities said.
The flames engulfed an automobile repair shop in Foshan city in the morning, reported Xinhua citing a fire brigade official.
It was a single-storey building, existing as shop-cum-residence, the official said, adding that the fire was later doused.
- Board approves News Corp split into two entities
- China to allow US auditors access to records of Chinese firms
- Croatia looking to oil exploration in Adriatic Sea to revive economy
- Amazon ventures into fan fiction promotion
- China central bank report promises financial sector reforms
- Protests against property tax to continue ahead of deadline
- Commercial property markets take an early holiday
- Fidelity International Real Estate Business expands into Germany
- Another barrier falls in American sports
- Improving economy alters political landscape
- Fidelity sees opportunities in telecoms and healthcare
- Got broadband Access now extends to 94 percent of Americans.
- LoanLove.com Helps First Time And Experienced Homeowners To Find Loans They Will Love
- IXYS Schedules Conference Call to Discuss Results of Its Fourth Fiscal Quarter and Fiscal Year Ended March 31 2013
- Science Magazine Newton Surpasses 100000 Downloads Just Four Months After Launch
- Amazon ventures into fan fiction promotion
- More Internet retailers add twists to define social commerce
- MasterCard and Visa battle it out with retailers in world war fees
- State proposes to make big $ off pot shops
- Deerfield discusses a new kind of tax for retail property owners
- Mariah Careys dress splits
- Ive been offered work in exchange for sexual favours says Myleene Klass
- MJ was dubbed the freak by gig comeback bosses
- Katy Perry thinks R-Patz deserves someone better than K-Stew
- Amanda Bynes arrested for drug possession in NYC
- Little House star on childhood fame and Gary Coleman
- Big screens take on Jonah Hex looks like a letdown
- Batmans past present future collide
- Shiny surprise during new visit to Serenity
- Undeterred by scandal Duchess appears at book show
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Shanghai Sun headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Nine dead in China shop fire
- China reaffirms denuclearisation on Korean Peninsula
- Zhejiangs SMEs quickening pace of stock listings
- Zhejiang nanny held for putting poppy straw in mother-to-bes diet
- JA Solar to Hold Annual General Meeting on June 28 2013