The music streaming service launches a feature that broadcasts both the 50 most streamed and viral songs each week; it's also rolling out song play counts for all ...
New York Yankees and Manchester City Football Club announced today that they will scrape together the necessary funds to launch the 20th MLS team, with plans to begin play in a yet-to-be-identified Gotham venue in ...
In an important appeal that divided Hollywood, the Third Circuit sides with the likeness rights of celebrities over protections afforded by the First Amendment. (SAG 1, MPAA ...
Watchlist , a customizable entertainment guide that lets users make a list of their favorite shows, actors, etc. We're interested in Watchlist because, thanks to the power of crowdsourcing, it has predictive powers: For several of the past TV seasons, 8 of the Top 10 most Watchlist-ed new shows were picked up for full seasons -- ...
Publicis Conseil introduces BNP Paribas' "Hello Bank!" -- whichs claims to be Europe's first fully-digital mobile bank -- with a smart orchestra stunt. ...
Winds: From the ESE at 4 MPH
He Got Game
Spike Lee's "He Got Game" opens with a visually-arresting montage of images that suggest what the heart of basketball is all about. Beautiful scenes of kids from all over America -- black, white, boys, girls, urban, rural -- shooting hoops wherever they can. Some are playing on streets, some in wheat fields, one kid has even constructed his own basketball goal out of a bottomed-out milk crate. Thi ... ...
You might have missed a Samsung ad for its Evolution TV Kit. However, almost 9 million have analyzed its depiction of men as Neanderthal slobs on ...
Cannes Film Festival 2013 The company has committed to a multi-million dollar guarantee and will spend a minimum $25 million on marketing the release. Developed by Reeves ...
Snoop Lion is sued by a Lebanese businessman. A New York federal judge has declined to dismiss a proposed class action lawsuit against, as he puts it, "the whole of the digital music ...
Xbox One , I was struck by just how many voice commands Microsoft programmed into the device. Kinect brought a rudimentary set of commands to the gaming console, but now everything from opening movies to launching apps can be done via voice. "Xbox, Live TV" may be my new favorite phrase in the living room. Microsoft's not the only one who's betting big on voice commands. The ...
The self-proclaimed "Worldwide Leader in Sports" rarely has layoffs -- the last were in 2009. But with rivals such as Fox Sports 1 looming, ESPN has been spending big to stockpile sports rights. ...
What They Said
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Le Meridien Dubai
I had taken a rental car from Abu Dhabi and driven up to Dubai, a trip of about 140 kilometres. ...Keep reading
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Shanghai SunShanghai Sun | Online News Service for Shanghai
We work strenuously to bring our readers a completely independent perspective of all of the latest news from Shanghai. Our software programmers, editors, journalists and affiliated wire services are all dedicated to producing the best journalism possible.
This in a world where conflicts of interest pervade business empires, and political dynasties, and where a shrinking number of media proprietors are growing their interests at the expensive of diversity of media ownership. The Shanghai Sun is an independent online newspaper. Our focus primarily is to produce the latest breaking stories out of Shanghai.
We also cover the nation. Regional news too is a priority, as is our extensive world news coverage. For a Shanghai weather report, local news, breaking international headlines, or what's happening in sports, the Shanghai Sun is for you.
Our Business Centre too is active 24 hours a day, bringing you the latest market updates from key global centres like Tokyo, Sydney, London, Paris, Berlin, and New York. Foreign exchange rates are a regular feature, and we provides a vast range of general interest news covering topics like business travel, seniors, womens interest, and lifestyle stories.
Chinese "state-sponsored" hackers have renewed attacks on the US, after a unit of the Chinese army was named in February as the source of many cyber attacks on US companies, a media report said.
According to BBC, cyber-defence company Mandiant told the New York Times daily that the army's Unit 61398, believed to operate from a heavily guarded building in Shanghai, has recently stepped up its activity.
The company did not name which US agencies and businesses were attacked.
In February, the hacking report was denied by the Chinese government.
Earlier, Mandiant published detailed evidence suggesting that Unit 61398 was behind the vast majority of attacks on American organisations, BBC said.
Government documents, intellectual property, blueprints and many other confidential papers were hacked, the firm said.
However, following condemnation by the US administration, the Chinese unit apparently scaled back its activity, uninstalling spying tools and the remote access code it had placed on networks, the report said.
But now, the unit has sprung back into action and was working at about 70 percent of its former capacity, Mandiant said.
In a bid to hide its tracks, the unit has started using different computers to insert its remote access tools, the company said. ...
- One trillion euro tax evasion to be tackled says Barroso
- Overall economy likely to pick up in Q2 says German central bank
- Pfizer discontinues NHL cancer drug development
- GrubHub and Seamless to merge
- Housing market picking up in UK
- Housing market picking up in UK
- Work starts on creation of new Dubai island
- DSI awarded $460m contract in Saudi Arabia
- Oman warns firms against violating midday break rule
- 1 Property Casualty Insurance Company To Buy
- Number portability Telecoms subscribers complain of poor services
- SHAREHOLDER ALERT Law Office of Brodsky Smith LLC Announces Investigation of SoundBite Communications Inc. SDBT
- Pandora Chief Revenue Officer to Appear at OMMA Mobile Conference
- Mediaocean and ADstruc Announce Integrated OOH Platform
- Tangoe Announces Expansion of EMEA Operations Fueled by Accelerated Adoption of Mobility Management Solutions
- GrubHub and Seamless to merge
- Chris Bown getting close to Chloe Green
- Nallen Sale of untaxed cigarettes hurts honest retailers
- Draft D.C. budget report returns $5M for D.C. Water relocation at The Yards
- Retail drives increase in Houstons commercial building permits
- Microsoft Unveils New Xbox One Game Console
- Justin Bieber booed at award function
- Kesha drops underwear at awards ceremony
- Ke$ha nearly flashes butt at Billboard awards
- Founding member of The Doors Ray Manzarek dies at 74
- Spotify debuts weekly top 50 song charts
- Yankees Manchester City Team Up for MLS Launch
- Appeals Court Revives Ex-QBs Lawsuit Over NCAA Football Game
- What TVGuide.com Watchlist Data Reveals About the Seasons New Dramas
- How Do You Introduce a Mobile-Only Bank With a Mobile Orchestra Of Course.
- Newbury Park author shares books interactive app with area schools
- Former Detroit Public Library Official Charged with Taking Bribes
- Brigadier general suspended over altercation with woman
- U.S. IDs several men possibly responsible for Benghazi attack
- Iowa Cops Man suspected of abducting 2 girls found dead
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Shanghai Sun headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Freed boat to continue fishing in Yellow Sea
- Shanghai to allow chicken again
- Shanghai Film Festival jury announced
- Chinese troops suffering post-traumatic stress disorder in Tibet
- Shanghai ISSON Power Quality Co. Ltd. Deploys Maxwell Technologies Ultracapacitors To Power Yangshan Deep-Water Port Electric Cranes